Refine your editions:
To see what your friends thought of this book, please sign up. To ask other readers questions about Introduction to the Psychology of Ageing for Non-Specialists , please sign up. Lists with This Book.
This book is not yet featured on Listopia. Community Reviews. Showing Average rating 3. Rating details. Sort order.
The Psychology of Ageing
May 21, Ayeasha LovesBooks rated it did not like it Shelves: dnf-don-t-not-finish , library , non-fiction. It bacisly repeating itself saying that depending on our family history, our memory and aging will have a massive difference on our life's. Jun 25, Anne rated it really liked it. Review of Introduction to the Psychology of Ageing for Non-Specialists by Ian Stuart-Hamilton Dr Stuart-Hamilton states very clearly that this is not an academic text and indeed refers readers to his academic text on the same subject if that is the angle they need.
Instead this book is written for the layperson — the non-specialist as the title says. The book is still a robust and intelligent look at the ageing process. I found much of it interesting and not what I might have intuitively thought. But the author is careful to consider many other aspects of the research and the socio economic and pragmatic aspects of the ageing process before accepting any conclusions.
I learned a lot and there is a lot I will go back to. If you have an elderly relative or are approaching your later years, this is an excellent read and well worth the time investment.
I was given a copy of this book by Netgalley in return for an honest review. There are no discussion topics on this book yet. About Ian Stuart-Hamilton.
- The Psychology of Ageing: An Introduction.
- Red Ice.
- Strategies for Philanthropy and Giving Back;
- The Psychology of Ageing, An Introduction by Ian Stuart-Hamilton | | Booktopia.
- Sacred Sins.
- UBC Press | The Psychology of Ageing - An Introduction, By Ian Stuart-Hamilton;
- The Psychology of Ageing: An Introduction by Ian Stuart-Hamilton - moatigucopast.ga.
Ian Stuart-Hamilton. Books by Ian Stuart-Hamilton. Trivia About Introduction to t Short-Term Memory 5.
- View From The Cellar: A Critical Analysis of Laird Koenigs The Little Girl Who Lives Down The Lane.
- The Package.
- The Clear-Cut I Ching or Wen Wang Gua for Beginners: Volume One - The Easiest Way to Get Clear and Accurate Answers using the Chinese Divination Oracle.
- The Psychology of Ageing.
- Answers Of Life.
- Texbook Article Spotlight.
- Quick Overview!
Long-Term Memory 6. Metacognition 7. Everyday Functioning 8.
Assessment of Cognitive Function 9. Personality, Intelligence and Individual Differences Adjusting to Change Health and Ageing Mental Health, Psychopathology and Neurodegenerative Disorders Neurodevelopmental Disorders Looking Forward.
The psychology of ageing : an introduction
He is also a member of the Centre for Health and Clinical Research, and has published papers on a variety of topics, with a particular focus on cognitive functioning and emotion regulation in mood disorders and health-related conditions. Categories: Psychology , Developmental Psychology. Ebook - Show More.
Related The Psychology of Ageing: An Introduction
Copyright 2019 - All Right Reserved